Sunday, September 22, 2013

Full Moon

Hi  Friends,
     As we were at the campground last night seeing the full moon over the pond, it almost looked like it could have been this picture.  I remember years ago writing a poem about a full moon, and the sadness that my heart was feeling at the time, yet the power of knowing that if God could create something of this magnitude for us to witness the beauty, He could certainly take care of the problems that were invading my life at that time.  He did just that!  I look back now and realize the strength that I have received from just looking into a full moon.  They are so beautiful, and especially in the fall.  If God can place a full moon in the sky, He can certainly cure any addiction, He can heal a family of the turmoil they have endured because of addiction, and He can certainly  give everyone involved the strength they need to conquer what has been lost in the past. The next time you have the opportunity to just sit outside in the quietness of the still evening, and stare into the deep beauty of a full moon, do not pass it up.  It may just give you the peace you need to keep going, no matter what is going on in your life.
     This week, I will be going to give a presentation to a group of 4th, 5th, and 6th graders about the dangers of alcohol and drugs.  I will be sharing the story of my son's life with them, in hopes that they do not follow his footsteps.  My prayer when I leave there, will be that my son's death saved at least one of them from that horrible and destructive road. (Deep down I always have hope in my heart that his death will save everyone of them).  I pray that they will hear every word and that my son's death will touch the depth of their hearts.
     Psalm 104:19 You made the moon to mark the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment