Monday, September 2, 2013

Stay Positive!!!

    I will admit, this computer stuff does not come easy for me.  I am trying to stay positive  but have a difficult time even trying to create a blog.  (Sandra and Jimmy worked so hard to get this website, and I feel like I should have taken lessons to keep up with what I should be doing.
     A few weeks ago, my husband and I met a beautiful young lady who had a wonderful personality.  I had no idea when she first approached us that she was battling an addiction.  It broke my heart when I heard these words coming out of her mouth, "I just can't say no!"  Tears came to eyes with no warning at all when I heard her comment.  I know she did not want to see my tears, but I told her she needed to see them.  I looked directly into her eyes, and I said to her, "You are convincing yourself that you can;t say no, why don't you say to yourself, "I CAN say no!!"  I told her to say that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me--Phil 4:13.  I suddenly remembered the words that my son had said on his graduation rehab day to everyone there, "IF YOU THINK POSITIVE, POSITIVE THINGS WILL HAPPEN, AND IF YOU THINK NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE THINGS WILL HAPPEN."  Those words will stay freshly imprinted in my mind forever.  He was right, and now that he is gone, there is nothing that I can do to help him, but I pray that any of you who may be reading this is on the road of addiction, or in recovery, that those famous words of my son will be able to have a positive impact on your train of thought.  I pray that you will begin to think positive, and allow positive things to happen in your life.  NEVER LET GO of your hope for better days to come, NEVER LET GO of the positive ideas that can form in your mind.  But do LET GO of the negative thoughts that can destroy you, pull you down, take away your hope, or even steal your very life.  Be strong, tell yourself that you CAN do it, that you WILL do it, and that you WILL make it!!!!! Our minds can only be as strong as we allow them to be.  With God guiding our thoughts, we are able to use His strength to say NO, when other wise we could be too weak.  NEVER LET GO of that thought! 
     To the young lady we met that evening, please tell yourself that "I CAN SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"   Say it over and over and over until you convince yourself that you can.  Do not let the evil force tell you any different, and remind yourself that with God at your side, you will be stronger than what you ever imagined. 
     When working on the computer, I have to tell myself the same thing.  I battle all the time with not wanting to do things on a computer, and not being too experienced with it, makes me nervous.  Before I lost my son, office work would have been the last thing I would have chosen to do, but now getting this ministry going, seems to have changed my whole direction in life.  Sometimes, we just have to tell ourselves, "I can do it", and "I will do it", even though at times, we feel like the most inadequate person in the world for the job.
     I hope all of you stay positive, and I will work hard at doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment