Tuesday, September 3, 2013

One word can make a difference!

This morning when I woke up, I decided to go into the computer and read the blog I wrote last night, just to see if it posted ok.  (I am still working at learning!) Well, after reading it, I realized that I left out ONE word and it changed the whole meaning of what I wrote.  Half way down, where it reads, "I pray that any of you who may be reading this............I left out the word WHO is on the road of addiction  and it changed the entire meaning of what I was saying.  It seems impossible that one word can make a difference in something, but it does.  That only goes to prove that saying I "CAN" --that one word will make a huge difference.  As I write this, a song is playing on the radio by Downhere called  "Rest" .  It is based on Matthew 11:28, "Come to me all you who are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest".  The first time I heard that song after Marjoe died, it was like Jesus and him were speaking to me.  During his recovery, he had written me a poem, based on lyrics from a song, and at the bottom of the page, he wrote "Matthew 11:28", and he sketched a box around it with a somewhat star beside of it.  If any of you are heavily burdened this day, go to that scripture and meditate on it for a few minutes, and know that God is with you at every minute.  I know my son found strength in that during his rehab, and I know he wants me to use it now when I get weary.  I hope you use it too........................  well, I will try once again, to publish this, and see if I am learning at this point.  Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment